Your new Hot Tub Cover Spot spa cover will be built to the dimensions you provide. You will need to provide accurate measurements, use a tape measure and double and triple check your measurements. Please pay particular attention when entering your dimensions on the website that you have selected the correct spa shape. If you spa has Rounded Corners please make sure you are on the correct page that asks for your rounded corner radius. Measuring for your spa cover is very easy, and we will show you how!
the Easy way to do it Right!
Inset Acrylic Spas:
If your spa's acrylic shell is set directly into a wooden deck or built into a concrete surface.
1. Be sure to take overall outside measurements of spa length and width (NOT the inside opening dimensions) so that your cover will seat correctly and cover the spa shell's acrylic rim.
2. Make skirt length about 1/4" shorter than distance from the top of the spa shell to top of the deck, so that it does not bunch up against the deck surface. This will allow the cover to seat positively against the shell when closed.
In - Ground Concrete or Plaster Spas:
1. Be sure to add at least 6" to 8" to the opening dimensions (length and width) so that your cover will be supported properly and extend past the spa opening at least 3" to 4" on all sides. Example: Spa opening is 70" x 80"; order your cover 78" x 88".
2. This type of spa cover is often ordered without a skirt.
How to Make a Spa Cover Template:
For an odd-shaped spa you can easily make a template which we can use to build your cover. From any home improvement store, obtain the following supplies to make the tracing.
1. Clear Plastic Painter's Tarp
2. Roll of Masking Tape
3. Permanent Marking Pen
1. Drape the clear plastic over the top of the spa.
2. Tape the plastic to the sides of the spa cabinet or the platform surface. (If an in-ground or in-deck spa)
3. When the plastic is taunt, first write the word "Top" on it, then trace an outline of the spa shell using a felt tipped permanent marker, leaving a little extra (1/4" to 1/2") all around the perimeter.
4. IMPORTANT: Be Certain to mark "Top" on the side of the template. Otherwise, your cover could be made incorrectly as a mirror image of your spa. Also, write your name and phone number on the template.
5. For in-ground spas without acrylic rims please add at least 6" - 8" to the opening dimensions (length and width) so that your cover will be supported properly and extend past the spa opening at least 3" to 4" on all sides.
6. Please email us for more information and for the mailing instructions for the template.
1. Length and width measurements are in inches. On the order page we suggest rounding up to the nearest inch just to give a bit more room and ensure your cover is not too tight. We can build to any dimension (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 etc). If you are concerned about fit just add 1/2" to be safe. Allowing a little extra is good practice. it is always best to error on the larger side than having a cover that is too tight or too small. A larger cover will work just fine but a cover that is too small will be tight or may not fit at all.
2. Dimensions are best taken from the spa or hot tub and not from the old cover. Spa covers can loose their shape overtime and may give you inaccurate measurements . If your cover fit correctly you can compare your measurements to those of your old cover for verification.
3. Covers over 96" length or width are considered oversized. We can still build but at an additional cost. Please CLICK HERE to fill out the form for a quote as well as see several pictures of our oversized covers.
4. A spa cover skirt is the portion of your fabric that extends down from your cover bottom and overlaps the top of your spa. Cover skirts help protect the acrylic part of your spa from UV damage so it's important that they hang down enough to cover the acrylic. Measure from the bottom of your existing cover down to where the acrylic stops and the cabinet starts.
5. If your spa has obstructions or features needing special cut outs, flaps, speaker hoods, etc we can build but at an additional cost. Please contact us for pricing.